This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in an open and receptive start-up environment. Due to the nature of startup work environments, the job tasks may frequently change and require adapting, bringing forward new and exciting challenges.
We are currently hiring event planning & design interns to assist with daily company operations, this position is ideal for a university/coop student, or recent graduate looking for a full-time event planning internship position.
- Location: North York (Toronto)
- Job Type: Contract/Internship
- Disclaimer: This is an unpaid internship/volunteer opportunity, please only apply if you are comfortable with the terms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in event planning, design, and production
- Perform event-related set-up tasks
- Perform event-related tear down tasks
- Assisting clients: walk-ins, appointments, pickups
- Answering and following up with all event inquiries in a timely manner
- Preparing and packing client orders, and unpacking & cleaning rental items
- Scheduling and hosting site visits
- Preparing quotes, invoicing, writing event contracts, and answering phone calls.
- Processing payments and issuing receipts
- General office work and maintenance, and some website work
- Ensure that event facility/venue is left in a clean and orderly condition
- Confirm that all decor items, tools and equipment are returned clean, and properly stored
- Properly pack, clean and handle inventory to protect against damage and deterioration
- Cooperate with marketing to promote our brand or events
- Data entry such as research, book keeping & cash flow management
- Crafting, painting – lots of craft!
- All other event related tasks
- Career-driven and self-motivated
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing
- Detail-oriented, must be able to follow instructions
- Organized, efficient and able to multitask
- Laptop & Safety Shoes
- Internships are at least 90-120 days in length
- Interns must be available a minimum of 16 hours a week onsite, and during event weeks & weekends (and also past midnight during events)
- We also run sub-brands under VINTAGEBASH (relevant to events/design industry). You will be assign relevant tasks for our sub-brands when needed.
- College credit is available. We recommend you talk with your academic advisor to see what steps are necessary to get credit with your particular institution.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please do not call. All job-related inquiries are taken care of via email.